but then again...life could be worse. I'm sitting at Scott & White Hospital in Temple with my Grandma Broz. She's sleeping very soundly at the moment as I type this in complete darkness :) I'm spending the night here with her in ICU so my mom can get some rest.
My grandparents were in a car accident on Thursday morning. They were hit by (oddly enough) my brothers neighbor. My grandparents were both taken to the nearest medical center to get checked out. After they took an xray of grandma, they discovered that her 2nd vertebrae was broken...so she got a helicopter ride to S&W in Temple. Grandma's eyes are very sensitive to light so my mom put her sunglasses on her before she got in the helicopter....they were big black sunglasses with rhinestones all over the sides. The helicopter crew got a kick out of that and were calling her Mrs. Hollywood.
Grandpa was released Thursday afternoon. He has black eyes, a stitched up cut and knot on his head. The doctors are still trying to decide which solution is best for grandma, considering that she's more fragile at her age. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. It's sad to see her in such discomfort, but I'm thankful that she's alive and glad that I'm here in Texas to help out.
I just forgot where I was...grandma just woke up and asked for a drink...but since it's after midnight I could only offer her ice chips. She was ok with that. She's back asleep. I'm going to get some rest before she wakes again.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment