We left the Austin area at 4am on 12/26 and arrived in Durango, CO at 7:30pm that night. The kids were fabulous on the trip here. Between the Nintendo DS, Leapster, DVD player & wooden flute (purchased at a truck stop in New Mexico) they were occupied. The kids never whined, cried or fought....it was great.
Yesterday was our first full day here and we all did our own thing. Mom and Dad were tired from the long drive and rested in the condo. Travis and Candace hit the slopes at Purgatory. Joey and I took the girls to buy snow boots and then went tubing at Hesperus - then we headed to check out Purgatory. We ended up signing up both girls for ski lessons at Purgatory. They take those lessons today in just a couple of hours. Jolie is super excited about it and begged for the lessons...so it will be interesting to see how she does. Bayleigh is excited as well. They'll be in different classes (age groups) but we can go back and forth and watch them. Although I think Mom and I are going to escape for a while and go shopping :)
I will post pics when I get home and also update on our wonderful Christmas. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
P.S. - Now I know why my friend Christy loves living in Colorado....it's absolutely beautiful!
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww... now I'm homesick. Have a great time!
Christy
Post a Comment