Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend in Durant, OK

What do you mean you never thought of going to Durant, Oklahoma for a fun-filled, fabulous weekend away??!!! Ok, so neither did I...but it's the almost half-way mark between my friend Robyn and I (now that she moved to Missouri).

We met at the Days Inn in Durant on Thursday night. Over the weekend, we hit every little maw & paw shop that exists in Durant...and came home with a few good finds! Friday night, we went to the Choctaw Casino for...oh...about 30 minutes (that's all it took to spend my set amount of slot machine money!).

Saturday night we ventured out on the wild side...oh yeah...to the big 'ole Durant Twin Cinema...woo hoo!! We had a choice of seeing Mad Money or some kid movie. We chose mad Money. Our tickets to get in were $3 each (jackpot!) and our super large popcorn and two equally large Dr. Pepper's were $10 total. I can't remember the last time I've gone to a movie theater and paid less than $20 for two people...amazing. Of course...you get what you pay for...this theater had 10 rows of chairs (no cup holders attached, no stadium seating, and no surround sound) and we had to sit through an excruciating noise until the movie came on. They said it's a malfunction that's been going on forever and it will stop when the movie begins. I whipped out my handy dandy cell phone to record this lovely racket as a souvenir. Robyn and I had a great time at the movies...and I so want to take my kids there to experience the movies without stadium seating, drink holders and surround sound!

Sunday at noon, Robyn and I headed back to our respective homes. It was a great weekend. So good to see an old friend and so good to have some time to decompress and relax. Thanks to my wonderful hubby who entertained the kids all weekend while I was gone!

No comments: