The convenient stores near our house are not like the big fancy ones with a joining McDonald's, 3 different flavored lattes, or Krispy Creme Donuts. Oh no, ours are much smaller...the owner is there 24/7 running it, a gallon of milk is twice the price as it would be in the "city," and locals hang out and talk small town chit chat over a cup of regular cheap black coffee.I give you this description, because for some reason Jolie thinks that "these" types of convenient stores are Mexico. You heard me...the child thinks that when we pull up at one of these stores we are in Mexico. I honestly do not know where she gets this from. She's never been to Mexico and the folks who run the place are not even of Mexican decent!
A couple of days ago, I stopped at said location to fill up my gas guzzling machine. After I was done at the pump and we started driving away, Jolie was chanting, "Mommy, I rreeeaaaallllly want a snack from Mexico! Please let me get a snack from Mexico!" Of course, as cute as it was, I didn't give in. I'm practicing tough love :)
1 comment:
Maybe she misheard "Texaco"? Hilarious!
Post a Comment