Let the countdown begin....two more days til school starts!!! Can I get a WOO HOO?!!! Yeeesssss! (Uh, yeah, I'm just a little bit excited). I'm more excited this year, than I've ever been about summer ending and school beginning. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I...me, myself and I...decided to do a silly little thing like START A NEWSPAPER. Don't get me wrong...I love, love, love it....but having such a new company during summer when the kids are home with me...not so cool. The kids were troopers though. They got up and listened to me holler from downstairs "Hurry up, get your DS and Barbies and let's go. The phone is ringing. We have to get to the office!" (Ok, so I bribed them a few times with Krispy Kreme donuts)I think the kids decided to get mom back today...for a long summer of playing at the office. They were just INSANE today. Cannot explain it. Is there a full moon? My goodness. INSANE I say. Every time the phone would ring and I'd answer "Main Street N...." and before I got the "...ews" out, my kids were lashing at each other, hair flying, Barbies and mega key chain collection blasting across the room...and then the squeal....that Jolie squeal...followed by Bayleigh's "I DID NOT do ANYthing!" Yeah, uh huh, neither of them ever do. My perfect angels. Needless to say, today was the last straw. Mom is ready for school to start!
There's always good and bad news. Jolie has one more year until kindergarten. (That's the sound of me crying like a baby) BUT, my hubby is so supportive that he's allowing her to go (you like that...allowing) to preschool FULL TIME starting in September. Now you hear the angels singing "Hallelujah!"
Ok, I'm done. Time for a little TV watching (well, one of my Florence boys is on the news for breeding top of the line border collies....I gotta watch!) and then off to bed...with sweet dreams of school days.
No comments:
Post a Comment