Friday:
Hal (our realtor) called a few minutes before Joey was due home from his week in San Francisco. He let us know that an offer was coming in for our house. We agreed to meet Saturday morning at 10:30am to go over the offer. Joey came home from the airport and we immediately left to take the kids to my mom and dads. The kids spent the night at mom and dads so we could go over the offer in the morning in peace.
Saturday:
At approximately 9:00 am, Joey hollers at me to come help him in the bathroom. No...it's not what you think. He's lost a contact lens and can't see it to find it...so as I look down towards the sink, he turns on the water and I see it....I couldn't tell him fast enough to turn the water off!! Ooops, there it went...down the drain. He's highly frustrated at this point, because it was his last contact. He doesn't have a paper prescription and hasn't been to the eye doctor in years. We decide to stop off at the Walmart Vision Center on the way to meet Hal. They had an opening at noon. Great. 10:30 am...we meet Hal and find out that the offer (no surprise) was a low...low...low ball offer. I mean c'mon...we're all about trying to low ball, but offering what we paid for the house 6 years ago...nope...not going to work. So we laughed and countered back.
12:00 pm we are back at Walmart for Joey's eye appointment. I hang out in Walmart while he goes through the whole exam, dilation, contact fitting etc. They didn't have his exact prescription in stock, so they gave him a trial pair of lenses in the closest prescription they had...so he'd have something to wear until his came in. Great. Now we're heading out to my car in the parking lot. I get in the drivers side and proceed to start the car. Joey is still outside the passenger side trying to put in his trial contacts in the side mirror of my car. Note...the doctor specifically told him to wait one hour until he put the contacts in, because they dilated his eyes. All of a sudden (imagine this) my husband is hollering at me (for the second time today) to come help him find his contact (for the second time today). So here we are in the Walmart parking lot, bent over, hunting for a contact lens on the hot Texas asphalt!!! Can't find it...so he goes inside (as I chuckle in the car) to ask for another one. The doctor said, "I thought I said not to put them in for an hour." Joey shrugged and the doctor told him to just use his mirror to put them in since he wasn't going to listen anyway! lol
Next stop....Wells Fargo. We need to deposit a check. Ok, easy enough right? lol.... So first I think it's a great idea to drive thru the ATM the wrong way since Joey is on the passenger side and making the deposit. No problem, because no one else came while we were there. Joey assumed that this ATM machine was the same as the one we used in California. I told him that Texas hasn't upgraded to the ATM "envelope-less" deposits....you still have to use the envelope. He ignored me and proceeded to put his card in, pin number and then it asked him to "please insert the envelope." HA! So he's trying to grab an envelope before his time is up and his card is ejected...he must have grabbed six envelopes before he got one that wasn't already stuck (Texas heat and humidity). Just as he gets the check in there, the machine beeps and spits out his card and says he'll have to try again. He's saying a few choice words through this whole episode and I'm trying not to die of laughter. Finally, he goes through the process again and makes a successful transaction.
Now...off to get gas before going out to mom and dads to get the kids. It's about 2:44 pm and Joey is pumping gas when this really nice hillbilly (for real!) comes up to me on the passenger side and says that we have a screw in our front passenger tire. Sure enough there was a big 'ole screw and you could hear the stream of air gushing out. I knew Joey was going to LOVE this! So I tell him and then go inside to get a plug for the tire. Joey breaks the first tool that comes with the plug kit, so he goes back inside to buy another kit. After about 10 minutes of fighting between Joey and the tire, he gets the plug in and we are on our way. I made sure to stand in the heat next to my man fixing the tire, so I appeared to be the loving supportive wife. I didn't think sitting on my rear in the car A/C would be appreciated :)
Here's the best part of Saturday....it's about 3:30 pm and we are almost to my parents driveway. They live off of a county road in the middle of nowhere...but cars do frequent the road. All of a sudden I pass by this old Chevy truck parked in front of a gate and both doors were open and a man was standing on the drivers side, and a woman on the passenger side (both middle aged). Ok, you say...what's the big deal? Well, I'll tell ya....the woman had no shirt or bra on. Yessiree...she was just half naked and turned to look right at us as we passed by. It was so funny, because I looked over at Joey and he looked at me and we both said "was that what I thought it was?" Man, if this is what goes on the the country, maybe we should rethink moving!! It really was pretty funny...we were just glad the girls weren't with us b/c they'd be asking us why this woman was on the side of the road with no shirt or bra on!
5:00 pm and we are at the Wildlife Association meeting and bbq for the "neighborhood" where we own 30 acres and my parents own hundreds. The bbq was yummy and the kids had a great time running around with other kids.
10:30 am We get home and find that we've had two showings.
2:00 am I'm fast asleep and feel this repetitive poking on my arm. I roll over and it's Bayleigh standing by my bed. She had a bad dream and wanted to sleep with me. I get up and go to her bed with her so we don't disturb Joey. She starts crying and tells me that I almost died in her dream. How heartbreaking! Then what seemed like a couple of hours later...Jolie comes in and says she's having a bad dream and some girl in her dream is saying "what the heck" to her and Jolie said "and that's not nice." So in climbed Jolie. Joey must have slept like a king all by himself!
Sunday:
We had two scheduled showings today, so we got up and left the house. We went to Academy to find Joey some new shoes. Tax-free weekend ruined that experience. It was too crowded to find or try on shoes. We ate lunch at Pappasito's. Beef fajitas...mmmmm. Then we decided to drive by some other houses and make sure the one in Florence is the one we want. We drove by one in Leander, a couple in Liberty Hill and another one in Florence. We still like the original one. We drove down our (hopefully) future street and met some neighbors. The woman is a high school math teacher at Florence and her son will be in 4th grade and her daughter was a couple of years younger. They were riding horses :)
5:45 pm We arrive at home to find that a realtor is showing it...so we keep driving. That makes 3 showings today I think :)
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow your weekend was busy! I bet you can't wait to sell your house! Send me some pics of the one in Florence if you can. Sounds beautiful! That's awesome Bayleigh got a perfect score on the TAKS test. James says he really hopes Amrey is a nerd, but right now that's what she thinks of him! I hope I can make it to Austin soon. I'll call ya when I can. Love you!
Hey where does church fit in there sister? Do I have to come to texas?! Go ahead twist my arm... I'm just gonna have to fly down there... :-P
Post a Comment