Wednesday, June 6, 2007

80's Flashback

Jolie went to preschool today - so trying to be a good mommy, I asked Bayleigh what she'd like to do today - just the two of us. Then, (silly me) I remembered her mentioning that she'd like to learn to roller skate. Remembering could've been where it stopped...but noooo, this good mommy said, "Hey, you wanna go roller skating?"

I remember those 3-4 hour "skating sessions" being much too short. It always seemed like we barely got to the rink, laced up our skates, went a few rounds, played the hokey pokey, did the races and it was time for mom to pick us up. Well, let this 33 year old mommy tell you something...those 3-4 hour sessions are loooonnnnggg enough!!

Yes, I hit the rink with Bayleigh. This momma didn't hang out on the sidelines gossiping - although I'm sure my being out there gave those moms something to gossip about - LOL! I don't think I've been on roller skates in at least 20 years, if not more. I was glad to find out that it's a lot like riding a bike...you don't forget. HOWEVER, my perception of all of the little people flying around me - playing tag - cutting me off - wrecking in front of me....now THAT was frightening! It was stressing me out.

The best part of it all was helping Bayleigh learn, and then watching her get further away from the wall...and then get faster and faster. Ok, maybe that wasn't the best part...it's a close race between that and the DJ playing Billie Jean. I think he saw me out there and thought he'd kick it old school for me :) Brought back many memories of me and Vanessa at Skate World.

Anyway, it was a great day out with Bayleigh. She really enjoyed it and wants to go back on a regular basis. Hope that DJ has all of the Michael Jackson collection :)

No comments: