Can't believe it's almost been a year since my PaPa Reid left us here on earth. Maybe I've not had time for the reality to sink in, because I was living in California when it happened. Or maybe, I'm at peace with it because I know he's at home with our Father. Either way, I still miss him and his witty, dry sense of humor! I always think of sitting on his lap as a little girl and him playing the "gotcher nose game." You know he'd pluck my nose right off my face and had it in between his fingers...but he'd always return it back to my freckled face :) He was the best.
I'm so happy we were here in Texas today to celebrate his birthday with MaMa and the rest of the family. We all met at his grave. Bayleigh & Jolie brought him balloons. One of them said "Birthday Boy." Had I been able to find one that said "Country Boy" instead, I would've! I said a prayer to and for PaPa while at his grave. Then we all headed to eat catfish. It was a great time in memory of PaPa's birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment